first ferry ride

November 9th, 2011

Yesterday was election day so there was no pre-school. Pre-school runs on Public School schedule and Public Schools are closed here, are they closed everywhere? I have no idea about life outside of NYC.

Jackie came in the morning instead of the afternoon and they headed out to the playground shortly after 9. It was a beautiful day, near 70 and sunny.

They came back around 12:15 and Asher was really excited to tell me they “went on the F train and on the R train” and with a little prompting he told me they saw a building with letters. Ok. So I said “What was in the building with letters? Do you know?” and he said “I don’t know, Mommy!” and Jackie had to remind him about the boats.

I still had no idea what they were talking about. We have lots of boats around here. They take the subway to see boats at Brooklyn Bridge Park sometimes and 2 weeks ago they went to Battery Park.

Well it turns out that this was the building with letters:

Staten Island Ferry! Exciting Stuff! Asher told me the boat was flying really fast. He also told me that it was really windy and he had to hold his hat. He saw boats and different boats and a statue with a green crown. And there was a farmer’s market with donuts.

Entry Filed under: My little nuggets,Our fair city

6 Comments Add your own

• 1. Danielle  |  November 9th, 2011 at 10:29 am

Awesome. Also, Sammy has that shirt. I got the Ghostbusters one for Ethan.

• 2. Carolee  |  November 9th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I envy his little life – he has the most fun!

• 3. bari  |  November 10th, 2011 at 10:10 am

@Carolee-me too!
    @Danielle – he picked it because it had a car on it. You should send E to school in the ghostbusters shirt. Maybe he will become teacher’s pet :)

• 4. SHARON  |  November 10th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

What a fabulous trip. I wanna go too.

• 5. Danielle  |  November 11th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Ethan wears his Ghostbusters shirt once a week. And he loves it when she shows the cartoon the days he wears it. It doesn’t actually help my case at all. Not one bit. :/

• 6. auntie jen  |  November 13th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I”m so excited for Christmas!! The kids are gonna have so much fun!